Buildings and Features
This map shows the buildings and features that are located at the Templin Historical Village Museum.
If you would like more information on a building or feature, please click on the button below the image.
1 – Templin State School (Office)
The land on which the single roomed school was built was given to the Education Department by Wilhelm Zerner in 1890.
2 – St John’s Church of England
This church was built by the local farmers at Cannon Creek south east of Boonah in 1911 at a cost of 75 pounds.
3 – The House of Fashion
This building was originally the teacher’s residence of Templin State School. It was constructed at the same time as the school in 1892.
4 – Aratula CWA Building
Originally located on the Warwick Road (Cunningham Highway), the building started it’s life as a butcher’s shop.
9 – Aboriginal Tree
This log was used by local Aboriginal tribes to cut some items they used.
10 – The Lolly Shop
A collection of local memorabilia.
12 – Goolman Shire Building
This building was part of the original Goolman Divisional Board Office situated in High Street, Boonah.
16 – Wittenhagen’s Dairy
Wittenhagen’s Dairy contains a variety of equipment that was once used in the dairy industry.
17 – Frazerview State School
The Frazerview State School opened in 1915 and was destroyed by fire 3 days later. After rebuilding, it was opened in 1916 but closed in 1975.
18 – RAAF Building
This building originally came from the Amberley RAAF base. On display are items of handiwork, fashion, sport, photography, household and general interest.
19 – Stumer’s Bark Hut
This building was originally constructed by Carl Stumer in 1877. The hut is a fine example of the basic dwellings constructed by settlers using local materials.
21 – Play Shed
The Play Shed was built at the same time as the school however its dirt floor was not concreted until the 1960s.
22 – Oscar Badke Wind Power Generator
Oscar Badke was a local inventor who build this power generator from a pattern he saw in a popular mechanics magazine. His family were the first people to have electricity in Boonah.
23 – Mt Alford Telephone Exchange
The Mt Alford Telephone Exchange operated at Mount Alford from 1950 to 1982 and on its closure was relocated to Templin.
This exchange has been restored to be operational.
25 – Bonke’s Blacksmith Shop
This shop was operational near Coulson until the 1950’s and it is still being used for the restoration of items in our museum.
26 – Wheelwright’s Workshop
This building is a working wheelwright area. Our resident wheelwright, Roy, is a wealth of information and is happy to share his knowledge.
27 – The George La Budde Machinery Shed
The building was erected by George La Budde and houses a range of farm equipment, horse gear and other equipment.
28 – Bicentenary Shed
This shed was constructed to house larger pieces of machinery and vehicles.
29 – The Shed
The Shed was erected in 2005 and contains a header, harvester, seed grader, potato diggers, ploughs and farm machinery.